Saturday, December 4, 2010

Today's finds

Today my friend Alicia and I headed into Detroit for the Detroit Urban Craft Fair. We stopped at Traffic Jam & Snug for lunch - I highly recommend it - great food (they make their own breads, cheeses, and beer!) and a great vegetarian selection (my brother is a vegetarian, so he's made me more conscious of menus selections (or the lack of) for vegetarians)....

After filling ourselves with cheesy goodness (Potato and black truffle ravioli in Asiago cheese sauce for her and White Cheddar Mac & Cheese for me), we made our way to the Fillmore. There was a great turnout, great tunes playing in the background, and the bar was even open!!)

Alicia had more luck than I did, but I came away with a few cute fat quarters from Frizzelstix and a Handmade Detroit pin, so it wasn't a total loss. Each of the FQs came with a cute little button with illustrations from her fabrics! I thought the bears with honey pots were adorable and who can really resist little blue piggy butts!! I picked up a bunch of vendors' cards too, so I could check out etsy stores for things I was on the fence about and maybe buy online later once I decide I can't live without them!

1 comment:

  1. Those fabrics are super cute :-) I hope you'll post photos of whatever project you make with them!

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete