Thursday, June 10, 2010

Annie's quilt

My second attempt at quilting was for my friend, Brooke. She was pregnant with her first baby - a girl! I found a great tutorial on Moda Bake Shop for a coin quilt and matching bag, so being the enthusiasic new quilter, I jumped in with both feet and went for it! It made from Hushabye by Tula Pink.

Let me tell you that coin quilts aren't that easy. Especially lining them up! But that's inexperience and an inconsistent 1/4" seam talking :) I've gotten much better at lining things up now!

Brooke sent me a few pictures, as I was in a rush to get her gifts to her before she went on maternity leave and didn't get any! I also had this quilted at Monarch Quilts in Brighton (I still have not improved on my free-form machine quilting!!)

Here are the pictures with Annie! She's adorable and even has a blog of her own :)




1 comment: