Monday, February 14, 2011

Kona mail & Angry Cupcakes!

I got my package in the mail from AnneMarie for the GXQ's Kona Your World swap!!!
Top Row: Purple, Mulberry, Ocean, Cyan, Bahama Blue, Grass Green
Bottom Row: Pond, Snow, Banana, Melon, Pomegranite, Rich Red

Special Thanks to Anne Marie for putting the swap together....can't wait to play with these!

Mr. LazyDog's birthday is today, so I made my favorite geek some geeky cupcakes! I somewhat followed Kristan's post at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. (Granted, I'm the true Angry Birds nut, but we always try to outdo each other on the different levels!) I piped eyes on instead, since I didn't have time to buy sugar eyes and no store near me carries them.I piped icing on for the red birds' chests too - no airheads to be found at the grocery store...He thought they were great! And all the geeks at his office thought they were cool too!





And to celebrate his birthday, we are headed out tonight to see the Detroit Dizzy Dames at Cliff Bell's...cannot wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are a riot! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors - I just started using my Kona Solids this week. Also, great cupcakes, in honor of a great game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cupcakes! This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cupcakes are so great! I showed my angry-bird-lovin' husband too and he was very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete